Tuesday 29 May 2012

Changes

Wrote this one in September 2011 and it really speaks for itself.

Changes

People may change with the winds of time,
Yet I still think of us, your lips upon mine.
One moment so golden, yet frozen forever,
Raindrops they fell, as we stood there together.

In a blink of an eye, the moment was gone,
From that point on, it all began to go wrong.
A sense of distress, I thought I should go,
Suspicions confirmed; it hurt more than you know.

Yet despite the pain, it never ruined the night,
It's never hard to remember, that memorable sight.
So nervous, I held my breath; I had waited too long,
It was our defining moment; the chorus of our song.

Through it all we battled, problems we overcame,
The greatest gust couldn't douse our friendship flame.
Years that with you, have been the best of my life,
At the end of the day, happiness outweighs the strife.

I sit here and think of us, and wonder what's left,
My life begins to lack colour; it's lonely and bereft.
Promise me please, as I pray this isn't the end,
I miss you terribly even now, on you I do depend.

So as life begins to rush upon us, think of our good times,
Relax and sit back, as the final bell chimes.
As the curtain falls, the players bow; the final sun shall set,
I know not the future changes, but you I won't forget.

© Ben Johnson 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment